Web Toolbar by Wibiya Shelby Rebecca: Me, little

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Me, little

I wanted to share my birthday present. I'm 38 now. My birthday was in February. This Sunday, while the rest of the world was watching the Oscars, my brother and sister-in-law met my family and me for dinner and he presented me with this:



It's a picture he took of me in 1980. I was three-years old. I actually remember him taking it. We'd driven out to see the five-acres my parents had just bought in Wasilla, Alaska. I was running around in my coat and hat and I'd just run on top of a small hill when I remember Wayne coming up to me, yelling, "Your dog died!" snapping a picture, and running off with a laugh hanging in the air behind him.

The next thing I remember is seeing the picture hanging up with an award stuck to the front, I think, at the local grocery store in the long hallway that connected it to another store. (A tiny Alaskan mall). It's the same hallway I remember walking down to meet Santa once. It's strange how memories work. I can't remember everything. Just little pieces of memories mixed with feelings.

But I'm ever so grateful to him for taking the picture and then having it blown up for me to hang on my wall. I can't wait for visitors to ask me about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment